Waiting for the morning

This is my third pregnancy, yet I am still childless. I have hopes that this baby will make it. After a long season of grief and hurt unimaginable, I am waiting for the morning to come.

Friday, October 13, 2006

Uninformed nurse

Crystal clear, isn't it? Come on, if you don't recognize a baby in this picture you just aren't looking close enough :) ~ha

Anyway, what is with my OB nurse, who as friendly and nice as she is, doesn't know squat about fertility and pregnancy? How do you get to her position without knowing basic stuff? I have many stories I could tell, but I'll stick with my latest example. When I was at the dr's office the other day, and she mentioned using the Doppler thing to hear the heartbeat. I said "Isn't it a little too early for that? I'm only 7 1/2 weeks.... When is it that you are supposed to be able to hear the heartbeat with Doppler?" And she shrugged and said, "I don't know. Let's give it a try and see!"

She doesn't know? How does she not know this? She works at an OB clinic and sees pregnant patients every day! Anyway, it turns out I was right - it was too early, because she couldn't pick up anything other than my own heartbeat. Oh well.