Waiting for the morning

This is my third pregnancy, yet I am still childless. I have hopes that this baby will make it. After a long season of grief and hurt unimaginable, I am waiting for the morning to come.

Friday, January 12, 2007

I'm still surviving, and baby is still alive and well, at least as far as we can tell. Almost to 21 weeks.

This week has been hard but not as bad as it could have been. I think it is partly due to the fact that Monday I came down with a yucky head cold and feeling gross all week has distracted me some from thinking too much about this critical time. So, while I hate being sick, perhaps it was a mixed blessing for this tense week?

We had another dr appointment on Wed. We were supposed to get a sono done on the big machine, but when we got there they informed us that our sonogram tech was out. (Why do they not call us ahead of time to let us know? This has happened like 4 or 5 times and it is pretty inconvenient). Anyway, since we still had an appt with our doctor, we saw him and he just did a portable sonogram, which showed the cervix still looking good (for now, anyway). The bummer thing about the portable machine is that the images are so fuzzy that we didn't get any pictures.

I've gained a total average of 15 pounds so far, which my dr was pleased with. All other things (blood pressure, urine sample, baby's heartrate, etc) are normal. Although we had to wait awhile for my doctor (which is unusual), he did spend alot of time with us, and we felt he was very sensitive to us at this critical time. He is just so accommodating to our needs and desires and wants to do anything possible to help us get through this time.

I'm feeling little flutterings every day now, though nothing distinguishable as "kicks." It is getting harder to get comfortable at night, though, since I am a back sleeper and that just doesn't work so well during pregnancy. I try to compensate by sleeping with a thousand pillows (which my husband likes to tease me about - sometimes it looks like there are more than 2 of us in the bed!).

Thanks to everyone who has been remembering us and caring for us this week. It means alot to know we are not alone.