Waiting for the morning

This is my third pregnancy, yet I am still childless. I have hopes that this baby will make it. After a long season of grief and hurt unimaginable, I am waiting for the morning to come.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Dr visit

Baby's heartrate is steady at 163 beats per minute. Every once in awhile while listening to the heartbeat on the Doppler, we'd hear this "swoosh" sound, and my dr said that was the baby moving. He said I should feel movement any time now. I think that maybe I have felt movement at times, but it is hard to tell what's the baby and what's me...

Everything else was normal - blood pressure, uterine measurement, urine sample, etc.

I received my first "shot in the butt" as I affectionately call it - that is, the first of my weekly progesterone shots. It's not actually in the butt, it's in the hips, but close enough! I don't usually mind shots, and this one was ok, but I did jump when the needle went in!

Still planning on having the "big sonogram" next Tuesday to find out if we're having a boy or a girl.

That's all for now...