Waiting for the morning

This is my third pregnancy, yet I am still childless. I have hopes that this baby will make it. After a long season of grief and hurt unimaginable, I am waiting for the morning to come.

Monday, October 30, 2006

1/4 of the way through

Ten weeks now. 1/4 of the way through the pregnancy. Half way until the point where everything went wrong last time. *sigh*

Newest pregnancy associated symptom: night sweats. Yuck. How can I be freezing cold yet sweaty?

Adam and I made a decision about the sonogram issue. We'll probably get one sonogram a month, using the portable machine (which is alot less strong) and ask for the sonograms to be very quick. The only other time I will use the super duper sonogram machine is about 18-20 weeks for the anatomy scan.

Latest frustration: trying to find a thimerosal-free flu shot. That is, a flu shot without mercury in it. Very controversial subject. Funny, but I actually have 4 doctors in Waco - 3 primary care and 1 OB - and none of them have this shot available. So I'm still searching... The good news is I don't need the shot for another month (I can't get it during my first trimester).

Another update: I was able to find the progesterone shots for $20 each instead of $40-$50 each. Still expensive, considering I'll be getting them for at least 20 weeks ($400!), but I think we would really regret it if we didn't get them and then something happened.

That's all for now. Next week I will get another sonogram and hopefully post the picture.