Waiting for the morning

This is my third pregnancy, yet I am still childless. I have hopes that this baby will make it. After a long season of grief and hurt unimaginable, I am waiting for the morning to come.

Thursday, November 16, 2006

The thumb-sucker who stole my heart

We had our 12 week check-up yesterday (after being rescheduled twice because the dr. was stuck in surgery!).

We opted to have a sonogram using the portable machine since it had been about 5 weeks since the last one. I wanted to post the picture here but the portable machine really does not print out great pictures - you can hardly tell anything from it. So, I decided not to post it.

This was by far the best sonogram we've had. It actually looked like a baby. We could see the head, the heart beating, both arms, legs, and even individual fingers. In fact, our first look at the baby showed the baby sucking its thumb.

I think that was my first moment of true love.